Here’s How Your Medicare Marketing Team Can Benefit from This:
The number of seniors using social media is snowballing. A recent study found that seniors’ social media use increased during the pandemic. Since then, their use has not been slowing down.
This is a significant opportunity for Medicare marketers. Social media can be a powerful solution for reaching and engaging with this critical audience. It is especially effective in omni-channel solutions, such as combining direct mail with social media marketing.
Social Media Strategy
There are many ways to use social media for Medicare marketing. Here are a few ideas:
- Create educational content. Create content to educate seniors about Medicare, including program details, available options, and tips for selecting the best plan. This content can be text posts, infographics, videos, or live Q&A sessions.
- Share personal stories. Seniors are more likely to trust information that comes from other seniors. With their permission, share personal stories from your clients about how easy it was to register for Medicare through your enrollment platform. If you can get customer stories in the form of video, then the message will be even more effective. Engaging content brings in more likes and shares, ensuring your post is seen by a wider audience. This can be a powerful way to connect with your audience and build trust.
- Partner with influencers. Partner with popular influencers who have a large following of seniors. This is a great way to reach a wider audience and get your message seen by more people.
Combining Social Media Marketing with Direct Mail
This can be a powerful solution for creating omnichannel enrollment, especially when utilizing paid social posts.
The difference between paid and organic social media posts is that paid social posts function more like display advertising. Organic social posts will reach your followers and whoever a percentage of them share it with.
A paid social post, on the other hand, will reach users beyond your follower base, making impressions on a broader variety of people. Paid social posts can specifically target your potential customers so that you can ensure your paid posts are seen by the seniors you are trying to reach.
Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Marketing
When using social media as a marketing and outreach tool, keeping a few things in mind is essential.
Whether it is a paid social media advertisement or an organic post, here is some good advice for putting together social content.
First, use language that is easy for seniors to understand. I want you to know that knowing the communication preferences of your audience can go a long way in forging connections. This ties into the eternal marketing rule: Thou shalt know thy audience.
Second, please don’t use too much technical jargon. There is a fine line between educating viewers of your posts and inundating them with complex information. They should feel your post answered their questions rather than leaving them with more questions.
Third, could you keep your posts direct and try to be attractive? Don’t be afraid of humor or seeming “casual”—most people use social media to feel more personal communication.
And finally, be patient. It takes time to build a following on social media, so you can expect to see results quickly. The key to gaining a following is posting consistently and ensuring the content is engaging.
If you’re not already using social media for Medicare marketing, now is the time to start. You can easily reach many seniors interested in Medicare by planning and trying to provide information.
How to Gain and Retain a Following On Social Media
Here are some additional tips for using social media for Medicare marketing:
- Use relevant hashtags. When you post about Medicare on social media, use relevant hashtags. This will help people searching for information about Medicare find your posts.
- Respond to comments and questions. Respond promptly when people comment or ask questions on your social media posts. This shows that you’re interested in hearing from your audience and willing to help them. Think of it like customer service. You wouldn’t ignore their questions if they called about Medicare.
- Promote your social media accounts. Share your social media accounts on your website, email signature, and any other marketing materials you use. This will help people find you on social media. You can begin to build a following from your existing customer base. From there, you can gain traction and more significant social media influence.
- Track your results. It’s essential to track your results to see what’s working and what’s not. Use social media analytics tools to track website traffic and engagement and generate leads.
- Make sure your posts are within the Medicare marketing guidelines.
Use these tips to reach and engage with seniors on social media who want information about Medicare.
Customer Communication Solutions for You
Social media empowers you to reach and engage with seniors about Medicare. These efforts are boosted through omnichannel solutions that combine social media posting with direct mail, email campaigns, and the like.
You can create educational content to reach more people and spread your message.
Sharing personal stories can also help in reaching a wider audience.
Lastly, collaborating with influencers can also help expand your reach and spread your message effectively.
Following the tips outlined above, you can use social media to help seniors make informed decisions about their Medicare coverage.
Beyond social media, other effective solutions exist, such as direct mail marketing.
Do you have any more questions about how to best market Medicare on social media and beyond? Contact United Direct Solutions today!